The photo/media consent question is asked of parents during the profile update. By default, it is a single statement that parents can tick to give consent to photo/media usage or leave unticked to refuse photo/media usage.
Some schools have a preferred media statement that they would like to use in Consent2Go.
Follow these steps to change the statement wording:
- Click the cogwheel in the top right of your screen.
- Click School Settings.
- Click the Registration tab. Here you can view and edit the wording for various aspects of Consent2Go. The sixth heading down on the page should be “Student Profile Photo Use Authorised Text”; this is the photo/media consent statement.
- Delete the current wording.
- Enter your preferred text, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click Save.
Additionally, there is an option to change the photo/media consent question from a single statement to an extended statement with three options for parents. This allows parents to indicate if they consent to all or just some of the three options. The options are:
- Promotional Material
- Online Material
- Print Material (e.g. newsletter or yearbook)
If you would like to change the photo/media question to the extended statement for your school or remove it completely from the profile update, please contact the Consent2Go Support Team to set up some additional configurations.